Wine, Cava & Tapas with 4WD Vineyards Experience from Barcelona
Wine and gastronomy are part of Catalonia’s popular wisdom. On this tour, you will delve into the Penedes region to learn all about the fascinating world of wine. The influence of the sun and the Mediterranean Sea make the Penedés a privileged territory for winemaking. You will travel on a luxury private bus to visit 2 hand-picked selected wineries, tasting 4 excellent wines and 4 glasses of cava paired with a wide variety of bites & tapas.
Please Note: This tour requires a minimum of 2 persons to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
Rates - including tax
Child - Free
(Ages 3 and Under):
Tour / Activity Details
9:00 am on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday (Mid November to Late March)
Check-in no later than 8:45 am.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum legal age to taste wine in Spain is 18. Hotel pick-up not included; the meeting location will be specified on your E-Ticket. Rates are per-person in U.S. Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
This tour requires a minimum of 2 persons to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
- Busy areas are frequently disinfected
- Guides must wash their hands frequently
- Sanitizing hand gel available for guests and staff
- Transport vehicles and other equipment are disinfected regularly
- Social distancing will be implemented during the tour
- Staff temperature is checked frequently
- The use of face masks in public areas is mandatory in accordance with Spanish government regulations
- Contactless payment of tips is available
- Staff showing symptoms will be required to stay at home
The tour's first stop is a family-run boutique winery which has been cultivating vines for more than two thousand years. Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by an expert winemaker who will tell you about the history of the winery and guide you into its subterranean wine cellar. In this remarkable space, learn fascinating facts about grape varieties, vine growing, wine making or the optimal conditions for its storage.
It is then time to savor 4 charming wines in a stylish tasting room, accompanied by an assortment of gourmet delicatessen items. Next, visit the traditional manor house (current residence of the owner's family) and the vineyards to discover the art and secrets of winemaking. To add a glamorous touch to the experience, continue the visit through the vineyards onboard a convertible 4x4 car (approx. 40 min.) accompanied by your guide and a viticulturist, a true passionate wine expert! This is a unique and exclusive way to visit the stunning rural landscape with endless vineyards. Along the way, admire a Romanesque church settled among the vineyards and belonging to the manor.
The second cellar visited is an equally historical winery specializing in cava, a naturally sparkling wine with an unmistakable flavor deeply rooted in Catalonia. Enjoy an exclusive opportunity to enter the Capella, the heart of the cellar, the oldest part of the winery - an enchanting candle-lit ancient room where time stands still. After visiting the vineyard and cellar, taste 4 unique cavas. These are also paired by a selection of appetizers to enhance the experience.
Raise your glass for a toast to a great wine experience!
- Private transport and specialized tour guide
- Wine and cava tour, tasting 4 wines and 4 cavas paired with gourmet bites
- Visit a family-run winery
- Visit a family-run cava winery
- Exclusive 4x4 ride through the vineyards with a local viticulturist
- Hotel pick-up
- Additional food or beverages
- Optional guide gratuities
- Minimum age to legally taste wine in Spain is 18.
- This tour is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
- Guided tours may be affected by special circumstances beyond the control of the guides.
- Please note any dietary restrictions or allergies at the time of booking.
Tastings (subject to change)
- 2016 Sauvignon blanc
- 2014 Syrah & Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2015 Chardonnay & Xarel-lo
- 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Gran Reserva 2014 Xarel-lo, Macabeu & Parellada
- Vintage Gran Reserva 2012 Xarel-lo & Chardonnay
- Cuvee Gran Reserva 2014 Xarel-lo & Chardonnay
- Vintage Rose Gran Reserva 2013 Pinot Noir
BITES & TAPAS
- Green picked olives
- Toasted bread with Tomato (Catalan bread)
- Local selection of nuts
- Goat cheese pearls
- Cured sheep cheese with quince jelly
- "Fuet" with toasted bread (Catalan bread)
- Iberic ham on toasted bread
- Cured sheep cheese
- Catanias (chocolates)
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Hotel pick-up not included; the meeting location will be specified on your E-Ticket. Rates are per-person in U.S. Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.